Wednesday 9 April 2014

Working on the bodice

Been working on scalloping and wipe stitching all the inside seams of my bodice, so that it is historically accurate. So far so good, it just takes a little while as it is all completely hand done. 




 For the front of the bodice I've laid one layer down flat and the other layer is the folded back and stitched down and pressed. At first I did prick stitches, but you could see them quite clearly on the duchess satin, so I did a slip stitch instead. The fabric presses so well that the slip stitch was enough and I'm quite happy with the end result.





I've begun fiddling with the collar as well, what I've decided to do is make quite a short collar that will then be the base for frills and lace that will be the actual visible collar. 


Here's the pattern that Naomi gave me to copy for the collar, I've since altered it so that it is shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment