Wednesday 9 April 2014

making and fitting the sleeve in



For the sleeves I’ve mounted the silk onto the silk organza again, and then I have made a separate lining out of a light cotton. I’ve done this for a couple different reasons, first as it is a sleeve and will be bending and moving I want a fabric that is a little bit more durable to be in there, and second I want a fabric that is opposite to the fabric on the inside of the sleeve, meaning that since my sleeve is mounted on silk organza a need a none slippery fabric for the lining so that they will be able to move with each other, never put a rough fabric with a rough fabric and be VERY carful putting a slippery fabric with a slippery fabric. It’s really best to just do opposites. Now that I’ve made up my sleeve and my sleeve lining I’ve butterflied my seams and hand stitched them together so that I can turn my sleeve inside out and know that the lining it attached to the outer sleeve and won’t ever get twisted :) 

As my model wasn’t feeling well during our fitting and I was unable to fit the sleeve she has graciously agreed to meet up with me so that we can quickly throw her in the corset, wack on the bodice and fit that darn sleeve. 

Not going to lie, I was a bit frighted at first as I HATE sleeves, and I had some trouble with them on the last costume I made, but I was extremely lucky and the fit perfectly and she even commented on how very comfortable they were and how she was surprised at the amount of movement they allowed. WOOO HOOOO!!!!!
silly model trying to be a princess :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment