Wednesday 16 October 2013

Entry 8- Working on my toile

Began working on my toile this week here's how it's going


After drafting up the pantaloons I'm now on to cutting them out of calico 



 Here I've cut the more traditional pattern for the waist coat out, unfortunately it isn't quite the same as the design so I've had to make modifications on the stand.

 I've had to shorten the waist coat as well as generally fit it to my model

 I've also had to extend the turn over collar as the one in the design is quite exaggerated.


 Since so many alterations where made I've gone ahead and done up another toile from the modified one. and I'm quite happy with it


 I'll need to go back and redo the pantaloons front as I have put in a front flap for practice. That will just get in the way of a fitting so I'll put it away as a sample and make up a new front. Really glad that I did it though, I might do a couple more just for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment