Monday 14 October 2013

Entry 4- Candide




I came into the theatre without any knowledge of the production, with the exception that I knew there was clothing from the 18th c. I therefore assumed that the play would be set in that period as well. At first I quite enjoyed the play, I thought the costumes we're lovely and I enjoyed that all of the actors had a clothing of the same fabric keeping it tied together, simple, yet interesting. But if felt like when I was just getting into the play within a play and the ideas they where introducing they switched into what I feel was the weakest scene.(expand) The whole idea of mixing the past and future seemed like an idea that has been used  all to frequently in more resent theatre, especially the points that where brought forward in the "black" scene are all points that have become to be a bit exhausted. 

I did enjoy the costume change(s) for Candide how in the beginning his suit was vibrant and by the time the play was concluding is was a bit worn and dusty, as though it had been slightly worn and left to collect dust in an old cub board.


No comments:

Post a Comment