Wednesday 4 December 2013

Second fitting ...woo hoo!

as per usual it was a stressful lead up to my fitting, but my hard work paid off! I was really happy with how my fitting went.

everything fit quite well. The Pantloons will be elasticised at the bottom so as to not be bulky within the boot. They'll also need to have extra poppers on the fall front, since it is quite a long fall front it has a tendency to gap when the model moves. I'll also need to take in the waist band by about 1/2" on either side.the white under shirt just needs to be finished off now. Last of the buttons, the cuff on the other side, and hemming the bottom of the shirt. The collar will also need to be starched I think.



 The vest fit well, I'm just still having some trouble finding the right way to do the stripes. I do need to make the collar about 1/2-1" taller. Now on to the tailoring of it and adding the back flaps to lace up.





The coat it's self is looking GREAT I'm actually really pleased with it, the sleeve was a bit of a pain to fit in, but with a little TLC it worked. The hem on the sleeve will need be about 1/2-3/4" more than originally tacked on (the original SA was 1").The coat is so heavy due to all the canvas that it pulls at the side back seams so I'll need to add some reinforcement to help with that. The pleats are looking great, I did them differently on either side so that the designer would have a choice with which one he preferred, and David like the pleats that corresponded with the tack lines I had already put in...ie less work for me! woot woot! pocket placement was good, it will be a working pocket. the collar on the top coat will needed to be raised in it's placement and taken in a wee bit, but it was leaps and bounds better than the last fitting.  I really can't get over how amazing the back of this coat looks! I also made sure to bring in a sample of the lining fabric which everyone is happy with. I also brought samples of all my buttons and button sizes so that has all been approved and I can moved forward with that.





 My goals over winter break TAILORING!!!!!!
finish waist coat to the point where I can just worry about buttons, and decoration
do all tailoring on top coat and begin in not finish putting in lining and inserting sleeves


No comments:

Post a Comment