Thursday 22 May 2014

Wings!

I’ve covered the smaller wing frames in bias cut silk chiffon then I have sewn/glued silk organza on top. I’ll then paint the organza, but first I need to prep my big wings as well. 


I’ve covered the top wire with expanding foam, I did this with a little help from my flat mate. We would use small pieces of cling film to catch the foam and then gently wrap it up around the wire. This way it was held in place to dry on the wire, as well as encased in something with a bit of give for when it expanded. From there I used a small hand saw to cut and shape them, hopefully giving them the look of branches.


then I covered them in paper mache, but instead of using paper I used thing blue cloths. This gave it more of a soft texture that I feel is better for a tree branch. Once that was done and dry I then spray painted them with a base coat and then went in with acrylic paints and hand painted into them to bring in some highlight and shadows and such. 






No comments:

Post a Comment