Tuesday 6 May 2014



I was in a bit of a rush getting everything ready for the first fitting of my Summer Queen, but it all got done and there was actually very little that needed to be altered.

<--- here are my bodice pieces all tacked out and ready to be sewn together, just in the knick of time.

Like I said the bodice needed very little altering, I'll need to open up the princess seams slightly at the top, and then take away a smidge on the centre front and centre back, but only about a half inch on each. The skirt may look long now but she'll be wearing heels for the actual thing, so that she has the "longer than life" modelesque legs. 


Since she's quite a petite little lady that meant the wings I drew out where just a wee bit to big...oh no, I'm going to have to have smaller more manageable wings...all in all the fitting went pretty well. The beading sample I put together ended up being just the right size, which is great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment