Tuesday 6 May 2014

Making wing frames

First I drew out my wing pattern on gridded paper (yeah, had to grid that myself...not fun). Then I would bend the wire to follow the shape of the outline, whenever my wire piece ended I got a new one and made sure it slightly over lapped the old one. 






Then I taped the ends of my joints with masking tape to hold them together so that I would put flux on them, and then solder them together.



 Now that they're all soldered together I'm going to wrap the joints in a thinner wire and then put super glue on that to reinforce the joints .


 I still need to add some prongs along the top edge of the top wing, this will be so the spray foam will have something to hold onto. I'll also need to extend the rod at the bottom, this will then go down the back of the corset and help to keep the wings in place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment