Saturday 18 January 2014

Everyday lives: Next Project picked!


Had my meeting with Elizabeth the other day and we were able to finally come up with what we're doing for my next project and I'm soooooo excited!!!! I had seen the picture before as I've been looking through the art work of Whistler originally



James Abbott McNeill Whistler (July 11, 1834 – July 17, 1903) was an American-born, British-based artist active during the American Gilded Age. Averse to sentimentality and moral allusion in painting, he was a leading proponent of the credo, "art for art's sake".






Originally I was thinking of doing his "Symphony in flesh" but it was thought that is wasn't quite 'ordinary' enough. So while looking though some of Whistler's paintings we found a painting of Lady Meux in a day dress and it was decided that it would be an acceptable outfit for me to make. What's kind of ironic is that I had seen the portrait and really liked it. It made me think that it would be a good idea for me to do something that had a corset and also that i'd really like to do a bustle. But I didn't think that the picture would be appropriate for this project, low and behold it has been approved!
It's also perfect since by making this it really frees up my options for my final project

No comments:

Post a Comment